Please scroll down the page to read the conversations or click on Labels (key words) or Titles

Friday, September 28, 2007

Listening beyond stereotypes: need for diversity apprecitation

S1: If you are nor aboriginal nor married to one, why were you taking aboriginal studies?

S2: Because I had just moved here and I wanted learn about the local culture; it is part of my acculturation process.

S1: Why didn’t you go to the university then?

S2: Because here is free.

S1: It doesn’t make sense to me.

S2: Well, why were you there. Funny because you lived in a reserve, you were always teaching the teacher of course.

S1: I attended because I didn't need to study (laugh)

S2: See? It doesn’t make sense to me. If I were you, I would go to French culture class so I would learn about other cultures

S1: No way. Gays and French people, I am out.

No comments: