Please scroll down the page to read the conversations or click on Labels (key words) or Titles

Friday, September 28, 2007

- Fostering values: unequal treatment to care

Student 1: She is allowing me to stay in class but I missed more classes than allowed…I am handsome!

Student 2: At the end of the course, teachers are less rigid because they don’t want an empty class

Student 3: Remember M4 (a classmate)? If the fire alarm didn’t go off, I think he would be here. He was expelled because we had to go outside on the day of the test and then go to the principal office to get permission to take the test. We had studied together using walking a sequence; he knew all answers to the test. I went with him and heard the principal saying that it is up to the teacher and that if the student was there it was because he missed too many classes.

Student 2: At the principal's office, the rule is no special treatment

Student 3: I think the teacher wanted the principal to give permission and as it didn’t happen, she is giving special treatment for you because you are doing well in class.

Student 1: I think it was because of my charm! I am sure (laugh)


No comments: